Chocolate crinkle cookies have been a stable around the holidays for my family. Sometimes, however I run out of time quite often. I found this awesome cheat recipe a few years ago and while it might not fool my mom they are perfect for Christmas parties! They are very quick and easy, require only 5 ingredients and very yummy.
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, stir dry cake mix, oil, eggs and vanilla with spoon until dough forms.
- Refrigerate dough until firm and easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely.
I know it is simple, but these simple chocolate crinkle cookies will be on my go to list. If you want the fully home-made version check it out here.