Every year one of my best friends Sheena and I set out to make New Year Resolutions. This year was no different, this year we sat at Bar La Grassa, drinking wine and stuffing our face with pasta, if you live in the twin cities and have never been, go! But make a reservation first or take your chances and get a spot at the pasta bar to watch the chefs prepare the house made pasta and dishes! Back to the New Year’s Resolutions and updates.
- Work out 3x per week- Hello I have a wedding dress to get into. This should be a top priority for me!!
Progress so far: I joined a new gym (which I love) and have only missed one week of going to the gym or exercising 3 times a week. I haven’t seen the trimmed down figure that I want, but it takes time.
- Start a blog- I have tried to start a blog before, but kept getting side tracked. 2016 will be the year.
Progress so far: Well you are reading this right? I guess that means I committed and started a blog, and since this is the quarter one update- that would mean I made it a promising 3 months! Which might be longer than any of my other attempts. Next step for this goal, build my followers and viewership.
- Travel a lot: This was on my list before I knew I was getting married, so we will use “a lot” loosely.
Progress so far: Long weekend in Virginia, in the Yurt (March) and a girls weekend to Washington DC (April), wedding in Wisconsin (June) Ohh and then there is that little thing called a honeymoon that we are still planning for the fall.
- Get Married: Yep this is on my list for 2016!
Progress so far: I still have a fiancé and the date, location, colors are all set and my wedding dress has been ordered. I think the progress speaks for itself.
- Read Twelve Books: Does Vogue and People count?
Progress so far: So far not so good. Based on my math, 12 books, 12 months—I should be finishing up novel number three right about now. And I just finished book one.